Sunday, February 19, 2006

My First Baptisms


Today I did my first baptism. Well, 3 of them! Full immersion, in a deep dam, in good old local Kenthurst. Basically I have been meeting up with Bec, Matt and Libby, and reading the Bible with them. They asked me to baptise them. And today I finally did, in their own dam. I had to tread water the whole time while they came in and out of the water, and about 50 people were there to watch. Even though I've been swimming at the beach quite a lot lately, I was quite out of breath when we came out, which made it hard to keep the little service rolling. The dog even jumped in the water and wanted to be baptised as well! I'm so thankful for this opportunity. And a good thing too that it was a hot day today.

I'll blog about the church plant tomorrow- we had our first meeting today...exciting stuff!

2 comments:

Shannyn said...

I thought that you did an awesome job Davich, you looked like you were just kicking back and having a swim. It was a great service, the best baptisim that I have ever been to.

JT said...

Are you swimming naked there Davo???