Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Happy Incarnation

Today I feel so spoilt that I am a minister. I mean, I get paid to study the Bible and tell others about Jesus. This morning I spent preparing my Christmas sermon- I’ve settled on Philippians 2- one of my favourite passages in the Bible. That afternoon I went and visited one of the elderly saints from church who is in hospital (and probably will be for Christmas). She is such an encouragement. I shared my Christmas message with her, and she said ‘I’ve always marveled at that hymn O Worship the King…there is a line that goes:

Thy mercies how tender! how firm to the end! Our Maker, Defender, Redeemer, and Friend.'

She went on: ‘Why would he want to be our friend, when we are so vile? But he became one of us and identifies with us!’

Truly an amazing thought.

No comments: