Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday Dinner at Dave's

I love hosting dinners at my place…the only problem is, it really is out in the sticks where I live, so its an effort to get here. But boy oh boy, when you do, I hope its worth the trip out to the country…

The truth is, I love to bake things. It’s the idea of putting together some ingredients in an oven, and then watching to see what will come out in 30 minutes or an hour’s time. Lamb is one of my specialties. If anyone out there has some winning lamb recipes that they would be willing to share, I’ll be sure and do a swap with you. (Mine is made with local honey…)

After dinner and dessert we did something I’d never done with some guests before- we wandered over to the church next door and belted out some hymns, courtesy of Little Musician. Oh, and Little Miss has a pretty good voice as well so between them we rocked the church! And it was uplifting. After that I preached a sermon (only kidding).

And to top it all off, we watched an episode of the Muppet Show (from 1976!) over coffee, starring Candice Bergen. Remember her? I thought she became a little whiney in Murphy Brown. But she was stubborn and she had attitude, which is always cool in my books.

Men’s convention is tomorrow. There are 8 of us going, which is awesome. Just spending the day together makes for some leaps and bounds in relationships. Plus my sermon is actually finished…(and I’m preaching twice, 2 different sermons, so I’m feeling on top of things at the moment). If only that feeling could last!

Goodnight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to have missed the evening Misty, it sounds like a good time was had... although I have heard lil' miss sing before and....well..

....anyway before I get myself in too much trouble i'll stop there. Godspell was a load of fun too and if you guys have spare change and time I would recommend going and seeing it at the Seymour while it is still on. The gospel in song and dance with a bit of a comedic streak is something that is not to be missed.

Anonymous said...

Next week at my place??
So how have you been?

David said...

Chris- hope you night was....let's just say....fruitful!

Deb- sure- give me $2K in airfare and I'm there! Life is good and so is God! How are you??

Anonymous said...

Actually, next week is no good for me. I'm moving on Saturday. We'll have to reschedule.

Anonymous said...

OK, now I believe that you have some domestic skills. Although the proof, of course, is in the pudding ... which I have not yet tasted.