Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Mission Beach- not meh!

Now I'm in Mission beach. The bus trip here was a little meh. It took only 3 buses to get here from Cairns. But the place where Steve, Dave and I are staying is not meh. It's a beach side apartment with 3 bedrooms. My room is an ensuite equppied with double bed, spa, TV and air con, and it faces onto the beach. So yeah, its not meh, because I fall asleep to the calming sound of the ocean. Did I mention that I have an ensuite?

Yesterday we went for a walk on the Kennedy trail. 3 hours return. The sand by the water's edge was a metallic gold. A fool's gold maybe, but gold nonetheless. PLus the beaches stretch for miles. We need more beaches like this in Sydney.

We also went snorkelling near Bingel Bay. To be honest there wasn't much to see except for a few tropical fish and dashes of coral. At one point I thought I saw a stinger's tail (they are grey with a white tip, right??) I even found myself protectign my heart with my hand in case the guy felt threatened by my presence, but come to think about it, that was pretty stupid huh? Like if a stinger's tail could go through Steve Irwin's sternum and pierce his heart, it could do the same thing to my hand and my sternum I'm sure. But one does not think about these things when you are snorkelling and see a stinger's tail poking out from under a rock.
Tomorrow we conquer Dunk Island.

Did i mention I have an ensuite?
So yeah, not meh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I mention the bedroom that I am currently sleeping in has an ensuite?
It sounds like your holiday continues to be "just what the doctor" ordered. Spare a thought for us plebs stuck back in normal life.
P.S I think it's back on ;)

Anonymous said...

It is good to know in this increasingly complicated world, that a toilet 5 meters closer to your bed can bring you that much joy brother!

I'm glad to hear you're having so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Yes you did. I've heard the older people get the more they forget when they say things AND they have weaker bladders....

Nice photo.