Wednesday, July 09, 2008

July Holiday Kids Club

The last 3 days has been quite busy with our Holiday Kids Club at church. The programme focused on 3 of the ‘I am’ sayings of Jesus- I am the Light of the world, I am the Good Shepherd, and I am the Life.

We focused on a theme each day- our crafts, activities, puppet shows and games all taught these themes. The day ended in small groups, which is where we shared the gospel with the kids based on what they had been learning during the day.

I quite felt proud of the leaders for all their hard work and efforts in wanting to explain the gospel to the kids that came along. Thanks so much to Alice, Anna, Bec, Holly, Jacquie, Meg, Phil, Rachel and Sarah - you guys are awesome!

Praise God- one of the parents wants to bring her 2 kids along to our Sunday Kids Club. If you are the praying type, please pray for this! These 2 kids made cards for us with messages inside saying ‘Thankyou for teaching us about Jesus is the light and the Lord is my shepherd! Thankyou very much I hope to see you next time!’ and ‘Thankyou for having us and the craft and the fun stuff’!

I'll leave you with some Quotes from the kids:
‘Why can’t we have this every day of the school holidays?’

Me: 'How does Jesus prove He is God?'
Kid: 'He has medals to show it.'

‘Can we play soccer??’

2 comments:

Lady Grey said...

I really wanna see those medals! How cool would they be - haha!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.