Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Resurrection!!!

Phew...I made it.

Don't get me wrong, I love Easter, and love sharing the Easter message. But its a crazy time for us ministers because of so much preaching and organisation of services that need to take place. While this is a great privilege, its also going to be nice to just chill out now that Easter is over!

Some highlights over the last few days :
Receiving TWO home made lots of Rocky Road from a woman in my congregation who wondered if I was allergic to nuts...so she made TWO lots- one without nuts and one with! (in dark chocolate too might I add cos I love dark chocolate the most- yum!)

Going to a bucks night where my mate Jimbo got dressed as a Raider when he is really an Eels supporter...it was to an Eels vs Raider game (I hope he didn't get bashed...I'll find out next week at the wedding!)

Doing kid's talks where I am popping balloons in church and one of the kids took off cos he was so scared...

In sermon tonight, saying 'the tomb was rolled away...' Not the worst slip-up in a sermon I have made.

Getting addicted by the on-line community of facebook. Check it out! And make me your friend if you join!

Being challenged by my own study of 1 Cor 15...Jesus is the man who has defeated death. He brings order to God's universe and rules the way we were supposed to. So make him your ruler!

Can't wait to just chill out with my cuz in Bondi tomorrow... fun times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont worry, the minister speaking at my church last night said 'Christmas' instead of 'easter' - oops! hehe


How great is 1 Cor 15?!
"Death has been swallowed up in victory...The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thank be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." :) Praise God!

Hope u enjoy your well deserved break!

Anonymous said...

Well done Dave you deserve a day off after all those sermons. And I like the tomb rolling away, it makes me pay more attention to your sermons.

Now we have the fun of moving offices tomorrow :)

-bw said...

I've joined facebook too. But I can't work out how to add you.... methinks I should stop procrastinating and get back to this essay.