Saturday, April 14, 2007

Heaven- Working the Crowd Eternally

My mate Jimbo has been in love with a girl- Viv- for years and years. Well, she finally accepted (wore down? gave in?) Jimbo's advances. And today they were announced to be husband and wife....and I had the joy of attending their wedding.

What struck me about the day was there were so many people from my church past who were there- people I'd laughed and cried with, people who had lost babies, people who I've seen married and have kids (well, I wasn't in the delivery room if that's what you were thinking!), people I've planted churches with, people who I've seen fly overseas to be missionaries, people I've been in Bible study groups with, people I've been on church staff with, people I've prayed with and prayed for, people I've studied at Uni with, people I've seen come to the Lord and...the list just goes on and on.

More than one person commented to me 'this is what heaven will be like'. It sure did feel that way. Time stood still. We picked up relationships where they left off. I 'worked the crowd', catching up with as many people as possible.

And I'm sure the new heavens and new earth will be an eternal opportunity to 'work the crowd'.

I can't wait. Until then there is work to be done. Like tomorrow's preaching on the resurrection body. What a great joy to tell everyone about this! (And that's exactly what I plan on telling people!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So your sermon tonight was a bit like Craig and I teasing you over your b'day pressie.
We were saying it's gonna be the greatest thing that you have ever gotten from us but you can't have it yet.
In your sermon you were like, when we get our new bodies it's gonna be the greatest thing ever and heaven is going to be great, but you can't have it yet.
Just thought that it was funny that we were teasing you on the same night that you did that sermon.
This means I liked it by the way :)