Thursday, June 07, 2007

A Snapshot of This Thursday

The day starts with finishing off my pastor's corner for the local newspaper. My latest article is on 'Amazing Grace'- an article arguing that 'Amazing Grace' is more than just a hymn- its a song about us! Hopefully with the upcoming movie, the article will generate some interest. And then there is the sermon series that I want to promote in the local rag on 'Eternity...everything you wanted to know but were too afraid to ask'. Also, an email about the bon fire night tomorrow night. A phone call or two. And the morning is gone.

Then there are Scripture classes. I teach year 4 in two schools. The kids are better behaved at the second class I teach than the first one. But is this because I'm better prepared for the second class, having done it once already? I have no way of knowing, other than travelling to a parallel universe to find out.

In between classes I catch up with Shannyn at one of the local cafes for a coffee. We solve all the problems of the world during this time, starting with our own.

Lunch at home. My dog is excited to see me. After lunch I send some more emails. (Our poor secretary gets a bombardment of emails from me on Thursdays...) I hope to rope in some volunteers to help move a 'woman-in-need' from my suburb to East Kurrajong. I'd call her a widow, but she wasn't married to the deceased. What do you call a woman in a de-facto relationship where the partner dies? Still trying to figure that one out. The forecast for the projected removal day is rain, so it could be unpleasant.

Finally some sermon work. Preaching on Romans 5:1-11 on Sunday morning, at 8:30am and 10am. Then I cover Ruth 1 in the evening. Ruth 1 still needs some fine tuning. (My sermon, not the actual word of God, in case you were confused!) Romans 5:1-11 is looking fine. I'm glad I did some hard work on it earlier. I look forward to preaching both. I also start writing next week's Bible study on Romans 5:12-21.

The evening- a few phone calls, more emails, a visit from Dad, and all is well in my world.

But looking forward to a day off tomorrow...a visit from my cousin, perhaps a beer with a mate, and a bonfire night at church with the local kids.

Totally reliant upon my God and in awe at this life He has given me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the weather clears up for your bonfire, it's not looking good right now but I will pray that you guys have a great night either way