Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Thirsty Merc and Pub Church

So tonight I got to hear Thirsty Merc live again...they really are an awesome band. My only complaint was that they didn't play for longer. Afterwards, I caught up with some friends of mine- Scott and Suze, and kinda met the drummer's wife- Di- but didn't really meet her. But it was cool to know that she is a Christian, as it her hubby.

The Mean Fiddler is such an awesome pub. In my own humble opinion (which here on in will be known as IMOHO for you non bloggers) its one of Sydney's finest pubs. After rocking with the Merc, Scotty and I dreamed about starting up a pub church at the Fiddler. It's something I've thought about for a few months now- being inspired by others before me, but being a one man band, it would be hard for me to pull it off on my own. So Scotty got my brain into gear, and we dreamed together about getting this thing called 'pub church' for men up and running. Hmmm, something to think and pray about.

How excitement!

PS This post is partly to prove to Shannyn that I haven't given up on the blog. Are you still out there and reading this? I need reassurement!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Pub church sounds like a brilliant idea.
2. Yes, we're still out here.
3. It's 'reassuring', not 'reassurement'.

Can you guess who I am?

David said...

It's also 'exciting', not 'excitment'. You forgot that one ET.

Anonymous said...

Still here, although I have wondered why in the last month.
Pub church - definitely worth considering. Need to keep thinking about different ways to be reaching more people, particularly the men.
How/where would you see it working at the Fiddler?

David said...

I think we advertise it in the churches for men to come with their mates, and we draw on the people who are actually at the pub when its on. Scotty suggested PH could give some talks. I reckon it would be awesome! A Beer with Jesus. Over 4 weeks. 4 beers with Jesus? 2 ways to be filled with the spirit? (the last one was a joke). Any more thoughts?

It also does strike me that we should be pooling resources more and maybe running a mission somewhere down the track. Like a SummerFest in the Hills District. I've always wanted to do that.

meberes said...

David. I read it...

PS...I started a new xanga for when I come to australia...

www.xanga.com/mattdownunder

Anonymous said...

Way to go all needy Dave. Yes, obviously I am still reading. Dosn't mean that I can spell or know proper grammer or big words or anything though. I just read.

Anonymous said...

:)

ET phone home

Mike said...

Reaching outside the walls of the church? That's what Jesus did.

Check out what we are doing in Daytona Beach, FL.

http://churchformenflorida.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I like the fact that you're "in touch" - shown by using the word "excitement"... Yes, there are people reading - when you write...