Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Christmas Meme

Ali tagged me for this Christmas meme. I'm tagging JT, Tim, and Matt.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Neither, I prefer presents.

2. Real tree or artificial? Real tree, Christmas tree farm down the road (I live in the sticks!) Will this be affected by signing Kyoto?

3. When do you put up your tree? Sometime this week? Get a life peeps!

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime in January…if it’s a real tree, make it last, I say. (And get a life peeps!)

5. Do you like eggnog? I’ll drink anything with cinnamon and honey in it.

6. Favourite gift received as a child? My golf game. You pull a lever and a golf ball pops up and rolls onto the tee. You pull another lever and a little man tees it off into a hole. And you pull another lever for it to sink and start all over again. I still have it.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? No.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad. He has all he needs.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My brother. He needs comic books.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nothing springs to mind. But my sister once received a fake pearl necklace from my grandmother one year, and since she got it, we have had an ongoing game (running over 10 years now) where we have hidden it in each other’s room/ place. Once she went to sleep with the pearls in her pillow case. Another time I found them in my backpack at Uni. They are currently in the top drawer of my desk. Does she think I haven’t found them? Just you wait little sister…mwah mwah mwah!!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? How about a hearty ‘Merry Christmas’?

12. Favorite Christmas movie? When I was growing up, me and my brother would watch ‘The Year without a Santa Claus’ without fail. Right now, I’d say ‘It’s a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie’.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Um, how many days do I have left?

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but I’m currently using the coffee percolator I gave to my Dad one Christmas. Does that count? Hey wait a second, that gives me an idea for question 8!

15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? BBQ prawns are an essential part of any Christmas day eating.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? The soft glow of clear lights reflects the soothing, ambient atmosphere which I like to relax in.

17. Favorite Christmas song? "Let it snow let it snow let it snow…" only because it features in Die Hard 2, and I can’t get the song out of my head.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel down the road to my folks place.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? On Dasher, on Dancer, on Vixen, on Comet…on the rest of ya’s….Hmmmm…guess not. Points for trying?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. There’s only room for one angel in my household. Isn’t that right Maddie? *cough cough*

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. Well, not anymore. I live alone, and I don’t give presents to myself. So, it’s afternoon now.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? All the altruistic nonsense you read in the newspapers which just helps selfish people feel better about themselves. Ok, maybe I’m just cynical?

23. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing? Each year my siblings and I have a ‘Christmas meeting’ to work out the finer details of making sure that Christmas works well in our family. Plus my brother and I used to go out on Christmas Eve yelling ‘Ho! Ho! Ho!’ for the neighbourhood kiddies. Ain’t we stinkers?

24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? Blow-up Santa’s. What’s with that?

25. Which looks the best, theme trees or homey trees? Homey? Yo! What’s up wiv dat homee tree bro?

26. What does Christmas mean to you? Jesus: God Saves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David,

Thanks for the tagging -- I have posted my meme at Jollymonk and have also tagged a few others.

Cheers mate,
Matt

JT said...

mmm, didn't quite get to this! Sorry mate. Is there a new year's equivalent??
JT