Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Wonderings of the Soul

Why did God forsake his only Son for me?
I don’t deserve His love.
Why did God the Son hang upon a tree?
I don’t deserve this love.
Why does He want to show me mercy?
I don’t deserve His love.
And why am I holy when I’m so unworthy?
His love is more than I deserve.

It was nothing of value or worth that He saw in me.
It was only because He wanted to give.
It wasn’t because I’m good or deserving.
It was only because His nature is to give.
And it’s my nature to take.

Let me not forget to wonder
Why you would chose me.
Let me not forget to ponder
Why you would want me.
Even though I’m not worthy
or thankful
or deserving
or caring
or kind…
You wanted me.
Me of all people.
And I don’t even know why.
Since I’m such a fake.

5 comments:

Shannyn said...

Yeah, I like your poem. It has a good message, so I don't like it at the same time if you know what I mean?

JT said...

Did you write this Davo? If not, can you give us slice of Schitzel poetry pie?

Anonymous said...

Hey, if you are a Pastor why do you have Astrology signs and Zodiacs? As children of God shouldn't we focus on Him only? What's the point Tarus and Rats?

JT said...

Yeah, I reckon, I don't want star signs on my site either - but i dont know how to get them off!!

Different slant on this knowing you wrote it El Davo... 2nd stanza is my favourite, 'God's nature is to give', I love that it's an inescapable part of who he is, it's his nature.

Will poetry be a weekly instalment in these Random Musings, Fuzzy Bear?

David said...

I agree with JT- If you tell me how I can remove them I gladly will...otherwise I'm stuck with them!