Sunday, April 09, 2006

Day One- The New Church

Praise the Lord!!! Today was the public opening of the new congregation. To be perfectly honest with you (after all, its between you, me and the internet right?) I was a little nervous about how the new church would pan out. But it was SO exciting and I was pleasantly surprised when I got there that there were people there that I didn't recognise. (I arrive there late because I run 2 services on a Sunday morning.) People came to our new church! There were a few new adults (29 in all), as well as new kids (27), and most people I didn't recognise. God is good! Not that numbers are important, but its exciting to see it grow after a core group of only 13 adults. The weeks ahead will be telling, as I'm sure the numbers will settle down, but it has started off well.

The service has a nice casual feel to it. People appreciated being able to have a cup of coffee in hand while church is on. I quite like that too. It was mildly amusing when I got up to preach when I picked up the music stand and the whole top of it came off! Off to a great start. My sister came through with the goods again and played some wonderful songs for us. I wish I could sing like her. One woman even came with her pony, which was appropriate for Palm Sunday. The kids loved it.

Pray that the new families will come back and that more people will come for Easter. Pray that the sermons would be interesting, engaging, and most of all, Biblical. Pray that the families that come will know Christ. Pray that the familes who aren't saved will know Christ. Just pray, because God has answered so many of our prayers relating to this church so far, and so many are praying, and God can do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine! Pray, pray, pray!!! Because God is good and His work will continue, no matter what.

1 comment:

JT said...

That's so encouraging, Dave! I want to get along there one of these mornings, see what all the fuss is about... ;)
There were heaps of people there, how cool is that - I reckon door-knocking is what does it. How could anyone resist yourself and Lemmos???

I will be praying for you this week mate, praise God.