Friday, April 14, 2006

An Ideal World

In an ideal world there would only be love
and no hate.
In an ideal world happiness
would be the only fate.
In an ideal world there would be
no Kosovo or Rwanda or Iraq or Pol Pot.
Only heroes. Ones that fight crime and fly,
like Superman.
Except (of course) there would be no crime
in my ideal world.
In my ideal world
A heart would never break
or grieve or ache.
Your heart would only get
that butterfly feeling.
The kind you feel when you go down a rollercoaster,
only better.
Equations would not need parameters or constants.
K-values would be a thing of the past.
So would accusing and cheating and gossipping and lying and regretting.
And crying.
But the lessons learnt would be there.
In my ideal world
childhoods continue.
So would the 1950's.
You’d have the naivety of a 6 year old
and the wisdom of one who realises that
my ideal world is not here.
Yet.

4 comments:

JT said...

Ooo yeahhh - another DM special!!! Bring on superheros and no crying, that's getting close to my ideal world!

We were asking each other the other day what we would chose to be our super power if we could only have 1... and I reckon that's the subject for a whole blog, but what would your one be, Mr Marvel? (Or is it DC?..)

David said...

Inspired by la vie et aime et le bonheur et l'intellect.

David said...

Definitely flight JT.

JT said...

I said "to have the control over nature that Jesus had".
Now everyone thinks I have a God-complex!! :D