Monday, July 24, 2006

Rainy Days in Sydney Town

At the moment Lyndell & Deb are visiting from the US and are staying in my house with the giggly Gately girl(GGG) while I'm staying at my parents' house. But today it was raining. Now what would you do if you were American and its a rainy day in Sydney?

Answer: You would go out to the mall and you would buy your host a teddy drop-bear! And you would dress it up in a Superman outfit! Then, you would take pictures of it on the escalator, sitting in a cafe and reading, and standing next to a Superman action figure. But you also have to be careful, because it might fall on you unawares and try to eat your neck, which is what drop-bears do. Especially when they have Superman outfits on. And then you would put it in situations which you think might sum up your hosts' life- preaching in the pulpit, reading theological books and Greek grammar books, posing in the local church, and casually hanging out by the fish tank. Then you would show your host when he came to visit that evening. And his face would be hurting from laughing...

So today it rained- the local farmers were pleased, 2 Americans & GGG were amused, and I was thoroughly entertained. All is good in Sydney Town.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those crazy Americans :) Make sure you tell Lyndell and Deb hi from me! I know that my sister doesn't miss me, but I kind of miss her or maybe I'm just jealous... Sounds like you are having a blast!!

Shannyn said...

I will get back to you on the new nickname.

Goldy said...

That is pretty awesome!

I like the GGG. Should we call her 3-G?