Monday, July 17, 2006

The way it was on Sunday

Church this morning- I'm excited- a man we have been praying for came to church. Pray he'll come back. We've started a new series in Ecclesiastes. I'm going to enjoy preaching on this book! Then I had lunch with my Nan at Yum Cha. Ohh-la la! And tonight some good times were had in the rectory with Shannyn, Gheever and JT. We had pizza, and the Gheev-meister managed to down half a chocolate cake. I don't know how the big guy does it. Then we sat around the outdoor fire afterwards and chatted. About aliens and shooting stars. Some laughs were had, some quotable quotes were made, some discussions about tonight's sermon, and some pyromaniac behaviour from one of our group. Can you guess who?

3 comments:

Gheever said...

Dave your a classic, love your work. Who was the pyro??? I will go for 3/4 of the cake next time. Thanks for having us, sorry I left in a hurry. I could not believe it was 20 to 12. I struggled this morning, luckey it was colledge day.

Catch you Wigger :)

JT said...

I saw a pyro but it wasn't Gheever.
I love not having to go back to College Sun night!

JT

Kat said...

my money is on shannyn as the pyro-myster :)
and craigoo.. i believe this calls for a cake eating contest upon our next interaction..yes, yes- indeed it doth.
sounds like ya'll had a great time! horray for night fires n friends

<3