Sunday, September 03, 2006

Attachment to Stuff...

While we were hearing an excellent sermon on generosity, someone was breaking into JT's car and stealing his laptop.

Theft makes me angry. Why do people think that they can take that which is not theirs? Its human selfishness at its worst.

But at the same time, it is a constant reminder not to get too attached to the things of this world. They are passing and fading. Our true inheritance is in heaven.

All this happened while we were reminded from 2 Cor 9 that we are stewards of what belongs to God. He chooses to give to others through our generosity. And theft reminds me in a fallen kind of way that I haven't really worked for it. Its all because God allows me to be the manager of it. We don't own anything. Its all God's.

1 comment:

Goldy said...

Oh man, that is crushing isn't it!
I thought that very night "I'm not leavng anything in my car, because it has been a couple of weeks".
Did they smash the window?