Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Light Sent into the Dark


Last night we went to College Graduation. I began to appreciate the voyeuristic nature of blogging….a friend I haven’t seen in ages said to me ‘I have come across your blog!’ Whilst I don’t tend to spill my guts on the blog, it does strike me as a way that people can access your private life, and see what you have been up to, without ever seeing you. Even though my blog is random, I tend to think of it as a way of keeping in touch with people more than anything.

Anyway, what I loved about the night was not only the singing of great hymns and songs, seeing people I know get their piece of paper after 4 years hard work (I know what that’s like), hearing the Word expounded…BUT what I loved the most was the thought of the gospel going into all the world through these people- UK, Japan, Spain, Australia…God is doing amazing things in our very own city.

When I was waiting on the steps to go inside, a passer by said to me ‘what’s going on in there?’ I merely said ‘Oh, it’s a college graduation’. If I had that moment again, I would have said ‘A celebration of light being sent into a dark, dark world'.

Or something cool like that. Good enough for Jesus, good enough for me.

For all the voyeurists out there, I close with some pictures of some of my friends. Congratulations!!!






3 comments:

Dave Miers said...

maybe that's the significance of "shine, Jesus shine"?!?

Goldy said...

What a great line!
I've been thinking about whether it is "poser"-ish, or helpful to be using more biblical language in correspondance.
Should I have started this comment with:
"Grace and peace to you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" ?

Anonymous said...

Hey! Just found you quoting me on your blog. Now I can say "I read your blog". But next time you quote me, please use the correct attribution:

© Emma Thornett 2007
Used by permission

:)