Monday, March 05, 2007

When Death Comes Knocking...

Bible studies for the week have been written...enquiries about a weekend away have been made...meeting with the boss with future planning accomplished...sermon notes updated...phone calls made...emails sent...wedding for couple planned.

In fact, the only thing out of the ordinary thing that happened today was the phone call I received to meet with a man dying of cancer. He wants some pastoral care. Some advice. About how to die. Maybe he read my article in the local newspaper? Who knows. He wants to prepare for his untimely death. What do you tell a dying man? The gospel of course.

That's tomorrow's job. If you can call it a job. Pray I'd be clear. Pray he'd accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour. Pray that God will use his early death to soften his heart to Jesus.

Its at times like these that I remember why I went into ministry. God knows that He's also teaching me things during times like these.... I'll keep you posted.

No comments: