Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve finds me relaxing at home with Jodie and Franco...talking about relationships and family and church. I really wish they could be here in Australia- I will really miss them when they go (even if Luca has drawn on my walls!) I have enjoyed reading Giorgia Bible stories at night, and cuddling Luca when I wake up. I love family, and value the times I get to spend with them. I really love the people my relatives have married as well- Franco, Chris, Shane, Steve, Liz...its great to spend time with them and get to know each of them better.

Tonight we had the kid's Christmas Eve service at church. I believe Christ was honoured, and people saw that the real meaning of Christmas is that Jesus was sent as a baby so that we could be friends with God. I had fun putting on a puppet show, and doing some drawings for the kids.

I will leave you with a quote from Gregory of Nyssen, which I have been inspired by this Christmas: 'Although Christ took our filth upon himself, nevertheless he is not himself defiled by the pollution, but in his own self he cleanses the filth, for it says the light shone in darkness, but the darkness did not overpower it'.

Merry Christmas everyone! May you reflect on the wonder of the Incarnation, which allowed God to act as a man to win our salvation.

No comments: