Friday, December 23, 2005

On the Eve of Christmas Eve...

Ahhh summer time...today Franco and I sat in a cafe and read the newspaper and just chatted,while Jodie took the kids to a mother's group she used to attend...then Franco and I took the kids down to the rock pool at North Narabeen and went for a swim. I have missed going to the beach- one summer when I was on college holidays I was beaching it every day- that was a great summer...*deep sigh!* Its amazing how much the beach relaxes me and makes me feel so calm...diving in the salty waves and feeling the sand between my toes. And the beach wasn't crowded at all...Narabeen is such a well kept secret of Sydney town. (Oops. Please mentally delete that last paragraph.) You know its weird- I never grow tired of the beach and its scenic surroundings, staring out to the coastline and beyond the blue horizon. The temperature is a few degree belows the hot oppresiveness of the suburbs. I should come here every time I have a day off. Its these little things in life that keep me sane and cause me to give glory to the One who made all this! Now I feel ready again to tackle the bustling Christmas period.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was at the beaches in AUS, all I could think is that I was so far away from anywhere else on earth and the only way I could get to anywhere else was by a major ordeal (flying or catching a boat). I felt isolated from the only things I've ever known of existance even though Australia has pretty much everything we have here. It was a weird feeling... and I don't know if I'm even describing it correctly.

-bw said...

I have to agree and say that the beaches (esp the northern beaches of Sydney) are wonderful!
And to think that I am giving up living there to move into the heart of the city. I must be insane!
Happy Christmas bro.