Sunday, December 25, 2005

Thanks Father of Christmas for the gifts!

Last Christmas I was in London with my cousins, and it was fun feeling like a kid again, because I got to open presents with them on Christmas morning and share their excitement.

This year, God has blessed me by being able to spend time with kids again! Last night Giorgia and I left out a bucket for Santa's reindeer, and a cookie for Santa. This morning I woke up to a little face peering into my room, waiting for me to get up! When I walked into my lounge room, it was redecorated- new cushion covers and things in different places...a woman's touch! (Thanks Jodie!) Then we unwrapped some presents, and after breaky I went across to church to lead the service and preach. I love preaching the gospel, and I thank God for the visitors he brought along to church today. Very different to last night's service when I had my forearm through a suitcase, with a puppet coming out of it... but around 200 people there who also heard the gospel.

Its the little things this year that have made Christmas special- having my family over in my home, all around the table; the real Christmas tree I have; the gingerbread men that Jodie made which are hanging on it; watching the Muppets with Giorgia today; holding my niece on her very first Christmas. OK, maybe I'm sounding a little sentimental at this late hour, but as Christmas draws to a close, I have to say that our Father has given me so many good gifts. And praise Him that He knows how to do this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas David. I'm glad you had such a great one. :-)