Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Ministry Opportunities our Government Gives us

I'm a big fan of teaching Scripture in the local public school, even if I do complain about how naughty the kids can be. This week I actually prayed that they would listen to what I had to teach them and God answered my prayer beyond what I could hope for!

In the first class, the students just fired me with questions, which I answered one by one!

Like:
· How did we get the Bible?
· Who wrote the Bible?
· How can you believe something we can’t see?
· How can Jesus be God?
· How do you know God is real?
· Who made God?

Its interesting the questions kids are asking today- very similar to the ones adults were asking years ago.

In the second class, as I taught about the resurrection, and a sweet and sincere little girl came up to me afterwards and asked ‘If I say sorry for all my sins will I go to heaven?’ So I explained the gospel to her!

Its opportunities like these to teach the gospel that our Government gives us by allowing Scripture to be taught in our NSW public schools. If you don't do it already, plan to pray regularly for future opportunities to teach Scripture in our public schools for generations to come. Who knows how many people will be in heaven on the Last Day because of School Scripture.

5 comments:

janiners said...

i just happened by your blog and read this post. very encouraging to hear that there is still a place where scripture can be talked about, even taught in public schools. i will be praying that God would continue to present those opportunities to minister in such a way to the children in Australia.

Milo said...

Hey, I'm all for making students aware of their spiritual options. But are other religions--whatever those might be--given the same opportunities?

David said...

Thanks for your prayers janiners.

David said...

Spc. freeman- the half hour each week is set aside in the NSW schools for 'religious education'. I've heard of some schools having Muslim 'scripture', but its not as common. Also, students can chose whether or not they want to attend.

Freedom of religion and tolerance are important features of Australian life. But so is the freedom to be able to discuss the differences between what different beliefs are held.

missmellifluous said...

I like this post and your heart for the little people. Keep going! The questions the kids ask are great.