Friday, May 12, 2006

Mundine Annoys Me

I just happened to be listening to the radio last night and Anthony Mundine was on the sports programme. I don't get annoyed easily, but I must say that his arrogance irritated me. Here's what he was saying about his upcoming fight with Danny Green:

"He's going to find it hard to hit me and he's going to be hit more often than he's ever been. You can't train for speed, man. Very few fighters in the world have got it, like I've got it. It doesn't matter if he is sparring Superman or the Six Million Dollar Man."

"I can defeat anybody the way I am feeling right now and that's going to start with Green. I want to reign this division and prove that I am the best of the best."

And serisously, what's with the get up dude? Definitely not Superman or the Six Million Dollar Man. More like Mr T gone formal.

3 comments:

Scott M said...

Why is that the people who are truly great are (generally) the ones that don't talk themselves up? Yet the ones that do talk themselves up are (generally) not so great.

It seems that where someone is lacking in something, they fill the void with cheap words of self exaltation (see this at work quite a bit actually!)

But then you do get those people who are very good at what they do and they let you know it too. No humility. I think these people need to be reminded that they are going to die.

Death is the great equalizer. Praise God that it has been defeated in Christ, and that we can look forward to a unified, resurrected (and humble) kingdom on his return.

Shannyn said...

I'm with you dude. He is one of those people that excels at annoying others, I hope Green smashes him!

David said...

Did people in Ali's day hate his arrogance as well?