Thursday, June 29, 2006

You be the judge

Imagine climbing an old, historic lighthouse with breathtaking oceanic views over crashing rocks on Great Keppel Island... :D

The only problem was that to get there, its a 4 hour return trip across rocky mountains :(

But I bravely started out on my expediation *insert drumroll* and as I got there, the excitement was mounting as I saw this (notice the lighthouse) :D


Imagine my disappointment when this is what I saw...


:(

(Notice my shadow taking the picture...the whole thing is like a 2 metre tall solar powered lighthouse...for Smurfs!!! Seriously, can ships really see that????) >:[

When I got back, I justified the 4 hour trip to see a piddly little lighthouse to Dave R by saying:

1. I needed the exercise

2. The views looked like this:

:D

You be the judge.

2 comments:

Scott M said...

Dude...bad luck. But you've got yourself a fantastic sermon illustration there.

"Our heavenly hope is not at all like that lighthouse!! Our Christian walk will lead us to a truly wonderful place with a truly wonderful king!"

Kat said...

your mom would be proud ;)

all that exercise, w/out going 2 the gym. sweet.

:)